We are Fixico, a fast-growing car damage repair marketplace, backed by world-class Silicon Valley-based investors. Trusted by fleet owners, leasing, rental, and insurance companies. Fixico has managed hundreds of thousands of repairs for companies ranging from the world's biggest brands to local players. Fixico is on a constant upward trajectory and rapidly expanding throughout Europe.
To continue our success we are looking for a Data Engineer who will strengthen our Data team.
What you will be doing:
Fixico is a data-driven company. In this role, you will play a vital part in ensuring that each team in our company is supported with accurate data. You are responsible for setting up the entire data pipeline architecture from scratch and create new and scalable workflows. This means you'll have the unique opportunity to determine the technologies that will be used.
By working towards a robust and reliable data pipeline, you will allow other teams to analyse this data, spot trends, and take action. Data engineering will be your main focus, but analysing, inquiring, and promoting your findings will also be part of the role. You will be collaborating with industry experts; you'll be uncovering unique industry insights and trends that will further entrench our position as a data-driven company.
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining a scalable data pipeline architecture
- Building completely new and scalable workflows from scratch
- Collaborating closely with our Data Scientist to run and manage the ML/Analytics models in production
- Collaborating with other teams to solve data problems and needs
- Developing unique industry insights, advanced data reporting, and visualizations
- Solving various interesting data engineering tasks as you wish
What are we looking for:
We are looking for an A-player engineer who is ready to solve complex tasks proactively. Someone who's looking forward to applying the newest technologies and who is always prepared to learn and use any necessary new tool.
- You have at least two years of experience with data warehousing and/or data engineering
- Excellent SQL skills, ability to create and optimize scripts
- Experience with one or more programming languages (Python preferred)
- Strong understanding of data models and data warehouses in general
- Experience with data processing platforms like Snowflake, Hadoop, Spark, Snowplow, Airflow, Dataproc, etc
- Experience with the Google Cloud Platform and CI/CD deployment is a plus
- Experience using BI tools like Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, etc is a plus
- You are fluent in English; Dutch is not a requirement
What’s in it for you:
- The rare opportunity to be in the first row in building a world-leading platform in the automotive world
- A young, talented, and extremely driven team
- An open, transparent working environment
- Plenty of responsibility and opportunity to grow
- A roller coaster experience you’ll never forget
- A lot of flexibility
- An inspiring office view overlooking the Rijksmuseum in the heart of Amsterdam